Friday, June 27, 2008

Chhoti si duniya

This Tuesday I went to New Delhi Railway Station to drop my cousin,while I had nearly prefect idea to reach to the destination I wasn't sure of the 'path tracing',I'm pretty bad at it..to admit . After making him sit and waited for train to leave,with fuel indicator ready to hit zero,At 8 pm I decided to make the return journey an adventure and decided to retrace the path I used to reach destination..and initial 100 mtrs were cakewalk but then confusion increased so did my passion for the adventure and I decided to take any route at my will and will try to reach home,the only fear I had was if the fuel tank goes empty I might have to drag 100 Kg bike with me to the next fuel station. As I said initial 100 mtrs were cakewalk for I has some idea of it,as soon as I reached Connaught Place I forgot which left turn should I take and thus decided to go round and round and at random,will pick any of the left turn,driving at speed of 30 Km/hr at the left side of the road and looking at the buildings around for the purpose of a) finding my current location and b) to mark mark landmarks for my new path to reach home!! I was busy looking up and reached one turn where honking hooligans who were to turn left started honking and I had to take a left turn. I said o.k. as I was there for new path and thus a new path was taken and I took turns at my will and reached a place of which I had some idea,but wasn't sure so I used my intuition again and took a right turn and finally reached I.T.O. And from there I knew which road to take so adventure ended pretty soon,in 15 mins!! Once I knew the path it has to be adventure with the speed..so I raced my way back home to compensate for the time loss in adventure and by God's grace my fuel tank didn't go empty...One thing I concluded outta this 'trip' was that this world is too SMALL for me to get lost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm being in delhi you cant say that this world is too small for you , think what if your bike would have got punctured , or fuel tank @ 0 , or other things which might have took place but dint took ... What if you were going to drop your cousin @ some place far from where and while coming back alone on a highway your headlight bulb refuses to waste battery :D and government saving power by no streetlight on, and you are say 100 km away from delhi with no one to help you, What happens then i am waitin for that blog :)